Monday, May 13, 2013

what is your essential question? What is the best answer and why?

My essential question "What is the most importany thing for firefighters to consider in order to manage a fire?", and my best answer is fire behavior because before you go to a scene you have to know what you fighting. To extinguish a fire you have to understand what makes a fire burn and continue to burn.

What process did you take to arrive at this answer?

I checked out a book on fire science from the Cal Poly library called "Firefighters Handbook: Essentials of Firefighting and Emergency Response" and had a section about fire behavior. One of the first things it explained was the fire triangle. Also when I did my interviews with Firefighter David Roberts he brought up the fire triangle and that is really important to understand it.

What problems did you face? How did you resolve them?

I had problems finding meaningful research but once I got my EQ it helped alot.

What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your eq?

One was my interview with FF Roberts and my other was this PDF I found on NIMS published by the USFA

What is your product and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment